Monday, January 26, 2015

TJ: So Sinuous: #0

Aquarium Status

Introduction

This is a tank journal for my Fire Pico tank. It is a 26.5cm cube aquarium, with a back sump and a Tunze return pump. Intending to make this an experimental setup with Plerogyra sinuosa, a species of Bubble Coral. The focus will be to get them to grow, of course.

Tank Setup

I have an Vitapet 100w heater lying around, which I may use. I am not sure actually, if there may be a problem. Gotta check on that.

Otherwise, I plan to utilize macroalgae in the back sump as my main filtration media there.

In the display, there will be coral sand and 1/8th of a Marine Pure block to place the Bubble Corals.

Otherwise everything will be stock equipment (return pump and lighting).

The Plan

The plan is to get five very small Bubble Corals, and let them develop.

I may or may not be dosing supplements, depending on how well water changes work.

Otherwise, planning to use New Life Spectrum to feed the corals.

My plan is also to 'let it be' as much as possible, i.e. not disturb except to do water changes.

My aim is for the Bubble Corals to spread and hopefully embed themselves onto the Marine Pure block. This has never been done, so I do not know if it will work, but I do hope so.

Oh and I am hoping to add various organisms such as brine shrimp, copepods and the likes into the aquarium as well, and hopefully the amount of algae in the back sump can provide a home for them. If that works out, the main food for the Bubble Corals may be live food, fed on New Life Spectrum or whatever.

Anyways, that's the plan.

So far, the aquarium is ordered, so... well, it is a waiting game. That is also why there are no pictures for this update.

But, stoked!

No comments:

Post a Comment